Skip to main content

Can your brain lie?

Secondary voices - we all have them sometimes, or all the time!

Are they useful? Do they let us grow and see things clear? No, of course not (most of the time). That’s why we are here today- to see what we can do with them.



They say, “Leave that guy, he is not good for you”, but then your body has got some sort of addiction that is just SO horribly attached to him. It’s like being on drugs all day long - needing him, wanting to be with him more and more when really it should be me controlling my thoughts and needs. You know what I mean? Yeah you do, or may be not? Well logically the guy is not for me, but physically he is (or seems to be) and then all these fears come along, “When will I meet someone interesting?” “I don’t really want to bother and start dating again, blah, blah blah…” But guys, wait, me? me? ME? Being afraid of something…? not of something but of “not getting another guy…!?!?” Come on Nerea!

Don’t besilly” (I have heard some people call that to themselves), you can get other guys! Actually I think that’s not really the problem. 
Maybe it’s the attachment that makes me think these things.



And now, one question for you readers! Don’t you believe your body can manipulate your thoughts to get what it wants? I do! And yes it’s scary. Kind of!   “I am afraid, I won't get other guys” but really I think so because I want you (because I need you, physically I do! I mean my body does!).” Or even “I wanna kill you” because I need food (like the movie Alive where in some cases they fought with each other and they were even close to death, may that be because they want to eat each other? Unconsciously their body is creating this?), I know I am talking some deep or complicated stuff, or that’s how it sounds to me! OMG this is mental, but maybe true!!! Can our bodies manipulate our thoughts to cover its needs? Wow, I am doing a full research about this baby! Let's do it! It does make sense to me. It’s like sex almost; these guys that take girls and do what they want with them (even if they don’t want) -I just don’t want to say that horrible word here in this beautiful blog- , maybe their body is justifying these horrible acts? OMG, OMG. Shit! I hope this is nonsense otherwise everyone could justify their acts at ALL times!
And the last example, when you can’t see your partner for more than 3 days and you all of the sudden get angry on each other, do you think this anger is unconsciously created to help yourself not to suffer from 3 days not meeting him/ her and not satisfying your “drug” needs? How mental!

To comment the picture below, our brain lie us to get what it wants which are endorphins, using the resources it has or are easier to get, (in summary what babies do all the time 'cry' (this is like saying "I am afraid") then we give it what it wants, in this case the dummy which in our personal case it would be the guy you are attached to), how cool!



I am always looking for unconscious moves of our behaviour as you see, I like it! I think I am discovering something here, lol.

So yeah I am now almost sure that my brain can create a fear just to get the reward it’s looking for - endorphins, dopamine, happiness. And then it’s making sure we don’t broke up the relationship it’s attached to. How mental! (3rd time I say “mental” sorry but it’s just SO mental! lol). Seriously, this is great! Really enjoying this writing, and yes I think I've gone a bit far and maybe it’s not like my previous articles, usually a bit of nonsense is involved but this may have passed the limit. I like it! Do you?
Well I hope you do and we can start to have a debate here on so.

Thank you for reading!

Nerea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The smell of love - How not to miss him or her

Pheromones. We've also all heard of them, but what actually are they and how do they effect us? Cue boring science-y bit, let's learn something together. Pheromones are a type of hormone that operate outside of the body and send signals which are received through the nose. These signals effect members of the same species in either a physical or emotional way.  NOTE. I am going to confess something by the end of this article, so read the whole of it or go to the end! According to research conducted in Sweden using brain imaging, men and women can send and respond to these signals through an area in the brain called the hyperthalamos which deals with sexual behaviour and emotions specifically.  So what we are really saying here is that men (or women) looking to get some action, release the smell of I-am-looking-for-action and that someone will respond to this, all without words. You know that feeling you get when you first meet someone and you are way ne

Yesterday I Cried

I would not normally share a picture of myself in this condition. And not just because it does not happen very often, but because when it does happens, its not something I like to promote! But this time however, I thought 'come on let's do it!' There must be many people who have felt like how I felt yesterday.

Unconditional love, or not really?

The idea of unconditional love is...interesting... First of all, let's start with some questions because I have a lot to say regarding this particular issue (let´s say challenge). Why do we like love? Why do we crave unconditional love? Who decided that that  unconditional love  was what we wanted, biologically we are not meant to be monogamous are we? And finally... Do you really want unconditional love? Do we really want love or have we just been programmed by Disney to believe that we are all Princesses lost in our search for our Prince so that we feel like we need something more to find our 'Mr Right'? (But this is a whole other rant about consumerism for another time...). Of all the ways you can show that you love someone, from materialistic to emotional support, why is it that we want the display of unconditional love above all else? Who took the hardest part of love and put it on a pedestal that we all now have to aim towards and feel horrible when we