Skip to main content

Guys, relationships are NOT an INVESTMENT. Thank you very much

Living your life as an investment can kill the whole beauty of it.

The idea of investing in yourself to grow and saving money to invest for the future is all good and useful to a certain point. But there is a fine line between investing in your life and forgetting about being adventurous.


When you focus too much on the future you can potentially forget about the present, and I am telling you this because I have come from that place; where the future seems more important than what is going on right now. Fortunately, I have learnt to balance this and to focus more on the present because thinking about it, who wants to invest in the future when we don´t really know if there is a future? 



My purpose for today was to not speak about life, although I know that´s what I do most of the time. Let´s get back on track with what I wanted to say. GUYS, relationships ARE NOT AN INVESTMENT. I say this because there are many times a guy would rather not be with me at all unless there’s some guarantee of becoming a couple or planning long-term goals together. Do you know what I mean? Yeah, "I don´t want to waste my time...", Whaaaat??? Waste? Excuse me, being with me even for 5 minutes is NEVER a waste! Do you get that? Haha, I am sure you do. Nothing about what you do is a waste, is it? You always learn something, and the most important thing is - if you are having fun, who cares about what happens tomorrow, right? Well, this may sound a bit too adventurous for some people, but if I have learnt something in life (haha, yes, back to THAT topic) it is to enjoy the present, regardless of what happens later. I may change my mind on this, of course, but right now, this is working and is helping me not to regret every single minute of my life. :) Beautiful right, I know, I know. I do say beautiful things. lol


Well this was my article for today, did not want to make it too long but easy to read.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Nerea

PS. Recently I heard this quote which I thought was beautiful! It touched my heart.
"I'd rather be with you for 3 more weeks than not have you at all!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The smell of love - How not to miss him or her

Pheromones. We've also all heard of them, but what actually are they and how do they effect us? Cue boring science-y bit, let's learn something together. Pheromones are a type of hormone that operate outside of the body and send signals which are received through the nose. These signals effect members of the same species in either a physical or emotional way.  NOTE. I am going to confess something by the end of this article, so read the whole of it or go to the end! According to research conducted in Sweden using brain imaging, men and women can send and respond to these signals through an area in the brain called the hyperthalamos which deals with sexual behaviour and emotions specifically.  So what we are really saying here is that men (or women) looking to get some action, release the smell of I-am-looking-for-action and that someone will respond to this, all without words. You know that feeling you get when you first meet someone and you are way ne

Yesterday I Cried

I would not normally share a picture of myself in this condition. And not just because it does not happen very often, but because when it does happens, its not something I like to promote! But this time however, I thought 'come on let's do it!' There must be many people who have felt like how I felt yesterday.

Unconditional love, or not really?

The idea of unconditional love is...interesting... First of all, let's start with some questions because I have a lot to say regarding this particular issue (let´s say challenge). Why do we like love? Why do we crave unconditional love? Who decided that that  unconditional love  was what we wanted, biologically we are not meant to be monogamous are we? And finally... Do you really want unconditional love? Do we really want love or have we just been programmed by Disney to believe that we are all Princesses lost in our search for our Prince so that we feel like we need something more to find our 'Mr Right'? (But this is a whole other rant about consumerism for another time...). Of all the ways you can show that you love someone, from materialistic to emotional support, why is it that we want the display of unconditional love above all else? Who took the hardest part of love and put it on a pedestal that we all now have to aim towards and feel horrible when we